Many women are using protective hairstyle to protect their hair during warm months. There are so many options woman can choose depending on their lifestyle, the maintenance level, personal taste, and also budget. Some people may choose for natural styles such as, box braids, faux locs or crochet styles. While people who are fond of traditional way may consider choosing wig or wearing a sew in. in this article we will talk about lace closure and lace frontal. Both of them have the same purpose to help woman with some of their hair problem or only for a matter of fashion. Here is how lace closure is different from lace frontal.
Closure is commonly comes in 4 x 4 inch, but some may come in a smaller size. There are two type of closure which is silk base closure and lace closure. Silk closure, is made from silk and are made to replicate the natural scalp, it is thicker than lace closure, so applying it may take more skill and experience. The benefit of silk closure is that you do not have to bleach the knots. The other one is lace closure, lace closure is a hairpiece, where the hair strands are tied on a beige or dark brown lace. Lace closure usually have a few inches and are applied where the hair would have been left to give it a more natural look in head with a wig on. The closure can be placed anywhere to make an illusion of a part would like to be achieves whether it is placed on the center or at the heads front. Human hair is not always blend well when using a foreign texture such as, Brazilian and Indian. Which may result in bald spots, revealing breakage, and thinned edges. Using lace closure is beneficial for people who suffer from those things. The most common size for lace closure is 4 x 4 free part lace closure, 13 x 4 free past lace closure, 4 x 4 three part lace closure and 13 x 4 three part lace closure.
The benefit of lace closure:
1. It is versatile, the flexible and versatile lace closure can be applied in all types of hair, whether it is natural, scanty, permed or receding hair.
2. You can dye the hair in any color you want without have to color your own hair to match them.
3. You do not have to blend them, the lace closure will blend well in your hairline.
Lace frontal is a hairpiece, which like lace wigs are being glued or taped only at the front of the head from ear to ear. Lace frontal is commonly used to recreate the entire hairline from ear to ear and about 2 inches back. Frontal is very popular among women with receding hairline or thinning edges.
The benefit of lace frontal:
1. Lace frontal is more comfortable to install and wear. Many women use lace frontal so they can change their hair color and texture or when they want to protect their hair and edges which usually leave out when applying hair extension.
2. Lace frontal have an unmatched versatility. Unlike when wearing closure, applying frontal may let you wear pulled back hairstyle.
3. Frontal can be used to conceal the loss of hair along the hairline, because they are design to be sewn from ear to ear.
Here is some tips to care your lace:
1. Brush the hair with a wide-tooth comb softly. When brushing the hair start from the end and gradually make your way up.
2. Wash the closure with a shampoo which does not contains sulphates, because sulphates are harsh to weave closure. Also put conditioner to make it smooth and tangle free. Choose a moisturizing conditioner because closure are made from human hair, especially Brazilian weave, it will respond to deep conditioning and repairing the cuticle and restoring its smooth and shine.
3. When you sleep, use a silk scarf to wrap your hair bundles with hair closure. This will prevent the hair movement and reduce friction.
Things to avoid when wearing hair lace:
1. Do not tug, scratch, or roughly handling your lace.
2. Do not use too many lotions, oils or mousse since it will cause tangle and damage.
3. Blot your hair but do not rub it.
4. Do not style closure of frontal too many times. Avoid using heat, if necessary use a soft and ductile roller.
|Lace Closure||Lace Frontal|
|- Smaller, covering only a horseshoe portion of the install||- Bigger, covering the entire hairline|
|- Usually sewn in place||- Usually bond in place|
|- Doesn’t allow you to pull back your hair without exposing the tracks||- Allows you to pull back your hair without exposing the install|
The most obvious difference between lace frontal and lace closure is the size. Closure are commonly in 4 x 4 inches. While frontals are made to cover from ear to ear in 13 x 4 inches, so the size is definitely bigger. The main benefit is also different, lace frontal is most beneficial with people who have receding hairline and people who want to do the pullback style which lace closure can’t provide.