The right pair of jeans should make you feel good about your appearance and also comfortable for you. When you are shopping for a pair of jeans and does not meet those requirements, you better move along and find another pair. In this article we will compare skinny jeans and bootcut and we will see, which one will suit you better.
In this article we will give you information about:
– Types of Common Jeans Cut
– What is Skinny Jeans and Bootcut Jeans
– Skinny Jeans vs Bootcut Jeans
Jeans Cut Types
Generally there are many types of jeans cut, each one of them will give different look to its wearer and will match different people’s styles. Jeans cut itself is the shape of the jeans regardless the material they was made with. The most common types of jeans are straight cut jeans, skinny jeans, slim jeans, and bootcut jeans. These are only some of many others types of jeans, you might find other cut or fit aside from what mentioned earlier.
About Bootcut Jeans
Taken from Wikipedia, Bootcut jeans are the reintroduced version of the Bell-bottoms jeans that was popular in 1960s and 1970s. The Bootcut jeans begin to popular among women in 1996. Boot-cut is very similar to bell-bottoms jeans, but it has slimmer flare compare to the older version. Since then the bootcut jeans continue to dominate the fashion industry for about 10 years. Bootcut jeans are the jeans that feature a cut that will allow the wearer to easily fit over boots, but without leaving any extra fabric.
The easiest way to distinguish bootcut jeans is by looking at the jeans from the thigh area down. A bootcut jeans will be slightly tapered in the thigh area and widen from knee to the hem. Because the jeans are breaking up the leg length, bootcut jeans will create an illusion of shorter leg when worn. So for people who want to extend their height or want to appear taller, it is not recommended wearing this type of jeans.
Bootcut are more suitable and flattering when worn by well-endowed women, combined with the extra width at the bottom will balance the top part. While in men bootcut are more suitable for those with large hip and thigh, because the wider hems will minimize the difference between the thigh and the ankle width. For the footwear, bootcut will look good with boots or other chunky shoes, such as wedges.
About Skinny Jeans
Skinny jeans are probably the most popular jeans in recent years. The skinny jeans are made commonly from stretchy denim material and designed to fit tightly start from the waist to the ankle of the wearer. Similar to many other fashion item or apparel, skinny jeans can’t suit and flatter everybody.
The characteristic of skinny jeans aside from what mentioned earlier is it has a low rise and skinny in the seat through the leg. While in man, skinny jeans are slim through the hip and thigh. The lower hips and stretchy material of skinny jeans is intend to look stylish, while also comfortable. When worn by women, skinny jeans are tend to optimize the curve of women legs but it will not cling as tight as a legging. You can also read our article on skinny jeans here.
How to choose Jeans
Here is s simple guide to choose the right fit for each men body types.
• For those with thin build, it is recommended to choose slim or straight cut jeans.
– For those with athletic body type, it is recommended to choose slim, straight or a bit looser jeans.
– For those with muscular body type, straight or looser jeans will suit better.
– For those with wide hips and large waist, it is better to opt for looser jeans.
Here is simple guide to choose the right fit for each women body types.
– For those with long torsos, it is recommended to choose high-rise styles or jeans that has longer inseam.
– For those with taller build, it is recommended to choose jeans that has longer length or cropped styles that are shorter purpose.
– For those with smaller midsection, it is recommended to choose hip-hugging styles or those jeans that will give you longer midsection look.
– For those with flat butts, it is recommended to choose jeans that have larger pockets or more coverage.
– For those with petit build, it is recommended to choose cropped cuts in dark washes color, which will make the legs look taller.
– For those with big butts, high waist flares and jeans that have extra stretch will look good.
– For those with round tummy, it is recommended choosing high-rise stretch denim or boot cut that covers and smoothes altogether.
– For plus size women, it is recommended to pick mid or high rise, stretchy dark washed jeans to make the legs look longer.
– For those with big hips, the high rise cropped styles will look good.
– For those with large thighs, it is better to opt to wide leg flares that is super stretchy.
Skinny Jeans vs Bootcut Jeans
|Skinny Jeans||Bootcut Jeans|
|- Tighter fit and cling into ones legs and hips||- Looser and doesnt cling on ones legs|
|- Slightly wider upper and getting narrower at the bottom||- Wide upper, tapered at the knee and then has wide bottom|
|- Commonly made from more stretchy material||- Commonly made from less stretchy material|
We all know that dressing is not only about compatibility but also personal taste and styles. When choosing what kind of jeans you want to wear, it is not limited only between skinny jeans and bootcut jeans. What most important is whether you are comfortable with what you are wearing. So we recommend you to follow your own preference.